Health workers provide support to care providers, ensuring the health service functions effectively. They do not typically provide direct care support to patients.
These two health worker qualifications could lead to work in administration support, food service, maintenance, stores assistant or orderly, or on a pathway towards nursing assistant, operating theatre technician, patient support assistant and ward support. They are both suited to Australian Apprenticeship pathways.
Who is it for?
If you provide assistance to health professionals with the care of patients, and work in direct contact with clients under supervision, the Certificate III courses cover specific work functions such as operating theatre support or nursing work in acute care. It also gives you a broad range of skills necessary for working in remote or regional areas.
- 5 reasons to study Health Work at HSA
- 1Specialist training in the latest methods and industry best practice.
- 2Individual attention and support with small class sizes.
- 3Professional educators with real-life experiences.
- 4Designed to meet the health care sector's needs.
- 5Nationally accredited qualifications.