Discover a new career in community services and healthcare, and ensure your skills are up-to-date when you re-enter the workforce or as your career progresses.
Health Skills Australia is a health training specialist provider, offering a wide range of nationally accredited Diploma, Certificate and short courses in our state-of-the-art facilities in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
Our educators are highly qualified practising professionals in their fields, and we work closely with industry bodies and employers to develop our course content and materials. You'll benefit from your trainer's hands-on experience and their understanding of the latest techniques and regulations.
Many courses are also available through flexible online delivery, so you can fit your study around your other commitments. For more information about each program, click on the course link, download the course brochure, or contact us via the Enquire Now button.
Community Services and Health Fact File
Did you know?
- Community services and health industries employ over 1 million Australians who support the health and care of all people from birth through to ageing and death.
- Career opportunities are diverse, with over 350 different occupations available. It is one of the fastest growing sectors in Australia.
- As at June 2009, over 11,000 business and organisations provided community services, including 5,809 not-for-profits, 4,638 for-profits and 520 government organisations.
- Residential care is the largest area of community service expenditure.
- As the proportion of elderly Australians aged over 65 will double in the next 30 years, the demand for aged care will continue to increase.
(DEWR, ABS, Community Services & Health Industries Skills Council)