Certificate III in Individual Support CHC33015 – Queensland
Before you apply please ensure that you have read the important information about the VET Student Entry Procedure, accessed the College Student Handbook which includes access to course fees and the Policies and Procedures section where you can find information about Refunds and the College Grievance Complaints and Appeals policies and procedures. Additional requirements are detailed below.
We will contact you within 24-48 hours to discuss next steps and the documentation required to finalise your application. In the meantime, please begin collating the documentation required to finalise your application. You will be asked to supply:
- Photo ID i.e. Australian licence or passport
- Confirmation of your citizenship, residential address and concessional status
- Confirmation of Year 12 Maths and English results or previous qualifications (if applicable)
You can send copies of these documents in to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Navitas Health Skills Australia, Level 11, 17 York Street Sydney NSW 2000.
Copies need to be provided to us prior to receiving an offer of enrolment. Your originals must also be presented at Enrolment & Orientation Day.
To help you gain real life experience throughout the course, 160 hours of supervised work placement must be completed in the related health care environment. As a condition of enrolment and attending placement, you need to obtain current National Police Record and Working with Children Checks. For further information about clinical practicum documentation click here
To Obtain Your Police Check
Successful candidates will be sent a link to complete an online Police Check application form via Fit2Work. The cost of the Police Check is approximately $23.00 + gst and is paid directly through the Fit2Work website.
Students who already hold a National Police Record Check issued in the year of course commencement can present it at Enrolment & Orientation Day where a copy will be certified.
To Obtain Your Working With Children Check
- Visit your local post office where forms are available.
- Insert all your personal details where relevant.
- In section D, insert 48 as the 1st code number and select Volunteer.
- In section E, select ‘I WILL be doing child-related work’.
- The name of the primary organisation is Health Skills Australia.
- The postal address is 184 Whitehorse Road Blackburn Vic 3130.
- The organisation contact phone number is 1300 306 886.
Please Note: If a disclosable court outcome or positive finding is returned on either of these checks, you may be unable to proceed with the course.
All students are required to have up to date immunisations as a condition of enrolment to attend their clinical placement. Further instructions will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Subsidised training is available to eligible individuals through Queensland and Commonwealth Government funds. This means that eligible students can have their course tuition fees partially subsidised.
For details regarding current C3G subsidy eligibility click here
For further information, visit: http://training.qld.gov.au/information/investing-in-skills/certificate3/students.html
Full Fee Paying
For details on subsidised and full fee paying course costs please click here
Books & Uniform
Books and a uniform, for practical work placement, are included at no additional cost.
RPL and CT is a process to acknowledge your previous achievements of competencies or learning outcomes that may count towards your qualification.
RPL provides credit for relevant skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning, as well as formal and informal training.
CT is a process that provides credit for a unit of competency previously achieved.
Applications for RPL need to be received by the Course Coordinator 3 weeks prior to the start of the term of study. If you intend on applying for RPL:
- Complete all sections of the RPL Application Form.
- Collate copies of all required documents to use as evidence of your prior learning/experience and attach them with your application.
- Submit these via email to email@example.com.
- There is a fee for each successful unit of competency RPL assessment.
Applications for CT can be made up until the start of term. If you intend on applying for CT:
- Complete the Application for Credit Form and submit with certified copies of your transcript or statement of attainment to Student Administration.