Fees & Funding - Queensland
Tuition fees vary and are based on a number of different factors such as nominal study hours, qualification level and course type. A variety of funding opportunities are available for many Health Skills Australia courses depending upon your eligibility.
*All fees are subject to annual review.
VET Tuition Fees 2016 - Diploma Course
HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled/Division 2 Nursing)
Locations: Level 4, 206 Bourke St Melbourne, 184 Whitehorse Rd Blackburn & Level 2, 410 Ann St Brisbane. Delivery mode:Face to face. Duration:18 months full-time or 24 months part-time. Maximum Course Cost for Full Fee Paying Students for Any One Term in 2014 (depends on choice of elective units): $7,500^ (VET FEE-HELP* eligible). Maximum Annual Cost for Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) Subsidised Students in 2014: $9,600^ (VET FEE-HELP* eligible)
|Unit of study ID||Unit of study name||Nominal hours||EFTSL||VIC Subsidised Students:2014 Tuition fees Rate per nominal hour||Full fee paying student||RPL fees|
|HLTEN401B||Work in the nursing profession||90||0.09||$8.35||$1470.79||$720|
|HLTFA311A||Apply First Aid||18||0.02||$8.35||$294.16||$144|
|HLTEN502B||Apply effective communication skills in nursing||40||0.04||$8.35||$653.69||$320|
|HLTAP401B||Confirm physical health status||90||0.09||$8.35||$1470.79||$720|
|HLTAP501C||Analyse health information||30||0.03||$8.35||$490.26||$240|
|HLTIN301C||Comply with infection control policies and procedures in health work||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.84||$160|
|HLTWHS300A||Contribute to WHS processes||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.84||$160|
|HLTEN509B||Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice||30||0.03||$8.35||$490.26||$240|
|HLTEN503B||Contribute to client assessment and developing nursing care plans||50||0.05||$8.35||$817.11||$400|
|HLTEN504C||Implement and evaluate a plan of nursing care||100||0.10||$8.35||$1634.21||$800|
|HLTEN506B||Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment||45||0.05||$8.35||$735.40||$360|
|HLTEN510B||Implement and monitor nursing care for customers with mental health conditions||60||0.06||$8.35||$980.53||$480|
|HLTHIR404D||Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.84||$160|
|HLTHIR403C||Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.84||$160|
|HLTEN515B||Implement and monitor nursing care for older clients||75||0.08||$8.35||$1225.66||$600|
|HLTEN512B||Implement and monitor nursing care for clients with acute health problems||70||0.07||$8.35||$1143.95||$560|
|HLTEN507C||Administer and monitor medications in the work environment||180||0.19||$8.35||$2941.59||$1440|
|HLTEN513B||Implement and monitor nursing care for clients with chronic health problems||50||0.05||$8.35||$817.11||$400|
|HLTEN505C||Contribute to complex care of clients||90||0.09||$8.35||$1470.79||$720|
|HLTEN516B||Apply understanding of the Australian health care system||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.84||$160|
|HLTEN508B||Apply reflective practice, critical thinking and analysis in health||20||0.02||$8.35||$326.48||$160|
|HLTEN519C||Administer and monitor intravenous medication in the nursing environment (elective)||100||0.10||$8.35||$1634.21||$800|
|HLTEN511B||Provide nursing care to clients requiring palliative care (elective)||50||0.05||$8.35||$817.11||$400|
|HLTEN611B||Apply principles of diabetic nursing care (elective)||80||0.08||$8.35||$1307.37||$640|
|HLTEN606B||Assess clients and manage client care (elective)||30||0.03||$8.35||$490.26||$240|
|HLTEN514B||Apply research skills within a contemporary health environment (elective)||40||0.04||$8.35||$653.69||$320|
^Fees are subject to change. *VET FEE-HELP is a student loan scheme that helps eligible students pay for all or part of their tuition costs. EFTSL:Equivalent Full-time Student Load. RPL:Recognition of Prior Learning. Summer School:Start 06/01/2014, Census 14/01/2014, End 17/02/2014. Term 1:Start 24/02/2014, Census 09/03/2014, End 23/05/2014. Term 2:Start 09/06/2014, Census 25/06/2014, End 05/09/2014. Term 3:Start 22/09/2014, Census 08/10/2014, End 19/12/2014.
Queensland Certificate Course Fees - 2014
|National Course Code||National Course Title||Duration (Weeks)||Full Fee Course Price||Books, Uniform |
|Total Student Charge with Certificate 3 |
Gaurantee Funding - Non-Concessional
(includes Books, Uniform & Equipment)
|Total Student Charge with Certificate 3 |
Gaurantee Funding - Concessional
(includes Books, Uniform & Equipment)
|CHC30212||Certificate III in Aged Care||15||$1,250.00||$130.00||$130.00||$79.00|
|CHC30312||Certificate III in Home and Community Care||15||$1,250.00||$130.00||$130.00||$79.00|
|CHC40812||Certificate IV in Frontline Management||26||$1,200.00||$ -||$ -||$ -|
Points to Note:
* Fees are subject to change.
* Certificate 3 Guarantee is a subsidised training scheme through the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments. It is available to eligible residents in Queensland. For eligibility criteria click here.
* For 2014 Term and Census Dates click here.
* To access the link to purchase your uniform, please click here.
Subsidised training is available to eligible individuals through the Queensland and Commonwealth Government for a range of Certificate III qualifications. To be eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee funding, candidates must:
- not hold or be already undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification (certificate III qualifications completed at school are not counted)
- be 15 years of age or older
- have finished secondary school or left school
- be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident living in Queensland, or a New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland (i.e. a person with a New Zealand Passport who can also produce documentary evidence of a Queensland residential address).
A student contribution is required and varies depending on whether a student is concessional or not. Concessional students are those who hold a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card, or are the partner or dependant of a person who holds one of these cards and are named on the card.
Concessional students also include those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
For more information, click here.
C3G Student Fact Sheet, click here.
VET FEE-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan available to eligible students enrolled in HSA's VET accredited Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing) HLT51612 course in order to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. A 20% loan fee may apply.
To receive VET FEE-HELP you will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Provide a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded by an agency or authority of a State or Territory for the student's completion of year 12; or
- Completion of an assessment, where you will need to display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy;
- HSA reasonably believes that you display that competence.
Click here to find out how to get a copy of your Senior High School Records.
You are required to repay your VET FEE-HELP loan through the taxation system once your income exceeds the Australian government’s set minimum thresholds. The current minimum threshold may be found on the government's StudyAssist website. Failure to repay your VET FEE-HELP loan may impact your credit rating.
To apply for VET FEE-HELP you will need to read the VET FEE-HELP booklet and this document. If you are an Australian citizen or hold a permanent humanitarian visa you are eligible to receive VET FEE-HELP.
For important changes to students accessing VET FEE-HELP in 2016, please refer to the Australian Government's StudyAssist website.
The Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) program provides incentive payments to eligible aged care workers who undertake specified education and training to upgrade their skills.
In order to be eligible for incentive payments, aged care workers must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Be employed on a full time, part time or casual basis providing direct care in and by an eligible aged care service:
- at the commencement of their training (in order to receive the commencement payment);
- at the successful completion of their training and during your training (in order to receive the completion payment).
- Have a commitment to working in the aged care sector; and
- Commence an eligible training course between 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
For more information on the ACETI funding program, click here.