The ATSI Scholarship aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from lower socio-economic backgrounds and regional, rural and remote areas.
This scholarship is open to applicants nationally who meet all of the following:
- Are of Aboriginal/ or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Have lodged an application to enrol in the Diploma of Nursing.
- Not eligible for any State Government subsidised study.
Scholarship applications are considered independently of the enrolment process by the HSA Executive Team or its nominated representatives.
How to apply
Applications will be assessed on the strength of a written statement of approximately 300 words addressing the following: “How the scholarship will support my aspirations to become an enrolled nurse, and how my nursing role and ATSI descent will contribute to promoting the health and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.”
Applications must also provide contact details of a referee (who is not an HSA staff member), and be required to attend an interview.
Applications are assessed by the HSA Management committee or its representatives.
Submit applications to: email@example.com with 2018 Scholarship Application notified in the subject line.
Terms and Conditions applicable to successful applicants:
All successful applicants would be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other qualifications and remains available to be taken up for 6 months after the offer date.
- Students would be expected to maintain good academic standing underpinned by the Course Progression policy.
- If the successful applicant/s withdraw from the Diploma of Nursing any monies associated with the scholarship cannot be paid out.
- HSA reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship for any of the following reasons: - poor academic performance, poor attendance, academic misconduct or professional misconduct on clinical placement, or any other activity which HSA considers to be unbecoming behaviour of an HSA student.
- At the end of the scholarship recipients will be invited to submit a letter to the Head of School, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter may be used at any time as a testimonial by HSA.
Successful applicants will be:
- Eligible for 50% of student tuition fees, for each term of study. Note: no unit of competency that is repeated will be eligible for scholarship payment.
- Invited to attend the nearest graduation ceremony to receive the scholarship recognition
- Textbooks and other consumables are not covered by the scholarship
- Any student currently eligible for any State Government or Commonwealth Government subsidy will not be considered eligible to apply.
Closing date for applications is 17 January 2018
Application Outcomes will be notified by 26 January 2018