Health Skills Australia believes that all aspiring Australian nurses should enjoy access to a quality education, irrespective of their background or circumstances. HSA is offering Equity Scholarships for eligible students commencing a HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing in Term 1, 2018 in Queensland (Brisbane) and Victoria (Melbourne CBD).
An eligible applicant must demonstrate he/she:
- Is experiencing financial hardship and/or receiving Centrelink benefits; or
- Residing in rural or remote area* and is intending to move closer to the college in order to study; or
- From a non-English speaking background; or
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
- A parent or carer seeking to return to work, e.g. a sole parent or carer of a family member.
Scholarship applications are considered independently of the enrolment process by the HSA Executive Team or its nominated representatives.
*The Australian Government defines rural and regional as students having a permanent home address that is in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard. Applicants can check the remoteness classification of their address. As a general rule, this is classified as 150km from your nearest HSA campus (Melbourne CBD or Brisbane).
Funding will be provided towards a portion of tuition fees each term to eligible applicants for the course duration of the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing.
Textbooks and other consumables are not covered by the Equity Scholarships.
Vet Student Loans contribution are not covered by the Equity Scholarship
Makeup practicum fees are not covered by the Equity Scholarship
Repeat unit of competency are not covered by the Equity Scholarship
Each category requires applicants to complete an application process, provide referee support and attend an interview.
Terms and Conditions applicable to successful applicants:
All successful applicants would be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other qualifications.
- The scholarship is non-transferable for those students that defer their studies. Students are encouraged to reapply for the scholarships if they are made available at the time of return.
- Students are expected to maintain good academic standing as determined by the Course Progression policy.
- If the successful applicant/s withdraw from the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing any monies associated with the scholarship cannot be paid out.
HSA reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship for any of the following reasons: poor academic performance, poor attendance, academic misconduct or professional misconduct on clinical placement, or any other activity which HSA considers to be unbecoming behaviour for an HSA student.
Closing date for applications is 16 February 2018.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an HSA Equity Scholarship, please complete this application form.
Please note: Students are required to meet the admissions and attendance criteria for their chosen course in order to be considered for any scholarship category. This includes any English language or literacy proficiency requirements outlined in the entry criteria.