This scholarship is designed to support students from remote and rural Australia, who are interested in pursuing a career nursing and may lack the financial support to relocate closer to a HSA campus
This scholarship is open to applicants nationally who meet all of the following:
- Have lodged an application to enrol in the Diploma of Nursing
- Not eligible for any state government subsidised study
- Applicants must adhere to the ABS criteria for living in rural, remote or regional Australia (normal place of residence being more than 150 km from the campus location)
Scholarship applications are considered independently of the enrolment process by the HSA Executive Team or its nominated representatives.
Terms and Conditions applicable to successful applicants:
All successful applicants would be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other qualifications and remains available to be taken up for 6 months after the offer date.
- Students would be expected to maintain good academic standing underpinned by the Course Progression policy.
- If the successful applicant/s withdraw from the Diploma of Nursing any monies associated with the scholarship cannot be paid out.
- HSA reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship for any of the following reasons: - poor academic performance, poor attendance, academic misconduct or professional misconduct on clinical placement, or any other activity which HSA considers to be unbecoming behaviour of an HSA student.
- At the end of the scholarship recipients will be invited to submit a letter to the Head of School, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter may be used at any time as a testimonial by HSA.
Successful applicants will be:
- Eligible for 50% of student tuition fees, for each term of study. Note: no unit of competency that is repeated will be eligible for scholarship payment.
- Invited to attend the nearest graduation ceremony to receive the scholarship recognition
- Textbooks and other consumables are not covered by the scholarship
- Any student currently eligible for any State Government or Commonwealth Government subsidy will not be considered eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications will be assessed on the strength of a written statement of approximately 300 words outlining the applicant’s experiences living and participating in a regional/remote community, and explaining how undertaking the Diploma of Nursing would benefit the applicant as well as the health workforce needs of a regional community.
Applications must also provide contact details of a referee (who is not an HSA staff member), and be required to attend an interview.
Applications are assessed by the HSA Management committee or its representatives.
Submit applications to: email@example.com with 2018 Scholarship Application notified in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 17 January 2018
Application Outcomes will be notified by: 26 January 2018