7. What is your citizenship status? (Please select the option(s) that relates to you)
|I am an Australian citizen || Yes (Go to question 8)|
No (Go to permanent humanitarian visa ↓)
|I am the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, and I will be a resident in Australia for the duration of the VET unit(s) of study for which you are applying for VET FEE-HELP assistance?|| Does not apply, Australian citizen|
Yes (Go to question 8)
No (You are not eligible for FEE-HELP assistance. Do not complete this form.)
8. Do you have, or have you had a VET FEE-HELP and/or a FEE-HELP debt?
| Yes (Go to item 9)|
No (Go to question 10)
9. This section only applies if you have, or had, a VET FEE-HELP and/or a FEE-HELP debt. By signing this form you declare that you agree to ALL of the statements below.
|- I understand, over my lifetime, I am able to access VET-FEE HELP assistance AND FEE-HELP assistance to pay (VET) tuition fees up to the amount of the FEE-HELP limit.|
- I understand it is my responsibility to declare to each VET provider, higher education provider and Open Universities Australia if I am enrolled with more than one VET provider, higher education provider, or with Open Universities Australia.
- I understand it is my responsibility to inform all my VET providers, higher education providers and Open Universities Australian (if I am enrolled with more than one) that I am approaching my FEE-HELP limit. I will notify each provider of how much VET FEE-HELP assistance and/or FEE-HELP assistance I wish to access for each VET unit of study.
10. Tax file number (TFN)*:
Your VET provider is authorised under the Higher Education Support Act 2003 to collect your TFN. It is not an offence not to provide your TFN. However, you will not be able to obtain VET FEE-HELP assistance for the amount of your VET tuition fees that remain unpaid on the census date unless your give your VET provider, on or before the census date, either your FN or a Certificate of application for a TFN from the Australian Taxation Office (the 'Tax Office'), stating that you have applied for a TFN.
Note: as TFNs are usually provided within 28 days of application, it is essential that you apply early to ensure you have your TFN on or before the census date. If you are applying for a TFN for the purpose of obtaining VET FEE-HELP assistance and it is within one month before the relevant census date, you should request the Tax Office to issue you a Certificate of application for a TFN. If you havenï¿½t received your TFN within 10 days before the census date, you should provide this certificate to your VET provider as proof that you have applied, and then quote your TFN once you receive a Tax file number advice from the Tax Office.
Your VET provider is authorised to retain your TFN information only for the purpose of reporting details of your VET FEE-HELP assistance to the Tax Office. Privacy and taxation laws protect your TFN information. There may be severe penalties if these laws are broken.
Go to item 11.
11. By submitting this form, you: